Sharkey Art Delivery & Returns Policy
We offer a seven-day cooling off period as we want everyone who buys a piece of art from this website to be completely satisfied with our service. Once you have received the work you ordered, you have seven days to live with it to make sure it is the piece for you.
If you experience any problems at all regarding your order, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to help.
Delivery of the Artwork shall be made by you collecting the Artwork from the premises of Sharkey Gallery at the time of purchase or at any other date and time so agreed.
If you purchase the Artwork through the Internet, delivery may be made by Sharkey Gallery delivering the goods to the address specified in your order. Delivery will be made through a trusted courier service or alternative courier services if applicable for International courier services for non-Irish orders. All delivery charges will be payable by you. Please allow up to 21 days for delivery.
Delivery to you will be deemed to have occurred once the packaged and addressed Artwork is placed with the courier service, or such other carrier as we may use, we will not be responsible for any delays or loss in delivery.
Events outside our control
- We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a Contract that is caused by an Event Outside Our Control. An Event Outside Our Control is defined as any act or event beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster, or failure of public or private telecommunications networks or impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport.
- If an Event Outside Our Control takes place that affects the performance of our obligations under a Contract:
(a) we will contact you as soon as reasonably possible to notify you; and
(b) our obligations under a Contract will be suspended and the time for performance of our obligations will be extended for the duration of the Event Outside Our Control. Where the Event Outside Our Control affects our delivery of Artworks to you, we will arrange a new delivery date with you after the Event Outside Our Control is over.
- Title and risk in the Artwork shall pass to you when Sharkey Gallery has received the payment price for the Artwork in full, in cash or in cleared funds, whether or not delivery has been made. Upon such payment, you will be responsible for the Artwork, the risk of damage to or loss of the Artwork will pass to you, and you shall be responsible for insuring the same.
Original Artwork Return Policy
Please unpack carefully and retain all packaging until you have decided that you are happy with your purchase, as we custom make all our own crates.
From the time you receive your original artwork, you have seven (7) days to decide whether to keep the work or return the artwork in its original condition for a refund.
We also require all returned artwork to be shipped out by the buyer within three (3) days after confirming with us that the work will be returned. So, if you receive artwork you have purchased from Kevin Sharkey Art and are not fully satisfied, you have:
- Seven (7) days to contact us about your intent to return the work
- Three (3) days from the day you contacted us to ship out the artwork. *Do not ship the artwork before contacting us.
If you do not notify us of your intent to return the work within 7 days of receipt or you do not ship the work within 3 days of notifying us, you will NOT be eligible for a refund. (Some exceptions will apply. Please contact us for an assessment of your specific situation.)
How to Return an Original, Undamaged Work
Step 1 – Within seven (7) days of your merchandise delivery date, please contact our email support at email@example.com to give us your order information and the reason for wanting to return the work.
Step 2 – Repackage the artwork using the original packaging materials. If you have already disposed of the original packaging, you will be responsible for purchasing similar packaging crate to send the artwork back safely and securely to the artist. Please contact us for advice if needed.
Step 3 – Email firstname.lastname@example.org to complete the return process.
Once the piece safely reaches the artist, Kevin Sharkey Art will process your return and the amount owed will be refunded to your original source of payment in the same currency (minus shipping costs and international customs fees, if any). *Damaged artwork caused by improper packaging will not be refunded.
Additional return information
Additional shipping fees may apply for international returns.
What to Do If the Artwork Arrives Damaged
Step 1 – Within seven (7) days of your merchandise delivery date, please email email@example.com to give us your order information.
Step 2 – Save original packaging!
Step 3 – Take photos of damaged artwork and packaging. Please email these photos to firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 4 – Kevin Sharkey Art will contact you to discuss next steps.